Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2019: 96.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2020.9(9): 243-250
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2020.909.030


Influence of Chitosan Foliar Application on Quality and Biochemical Traits of Strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa Duch.) under Naturally Ventilated Polyhouse
M. Nithin1*, D. Madaiah2, B. S. Shivakumar3, M. Dinesh Kumar4 and B. C. Dhananjaya5
1Department of Fruit Science, 2Department of Postharvest Technology, 3Department of Fruit Science, College of Horticulture, Mudigere, Karnataka, India
4Department of Agronomy, College of Agriculture, 5Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Shivamogga, Karnataka, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

An experiment was conducted to know the effect of foliar application of chitosan with different concentrations and number of applications (once, twice and three times) on quality and biochemical traits of strawberry (var. Winter Dawn) during 2019-2020. Among the treatments tested,Chitosan spray 3 g l-1 at 45, 90 and 135 DAP recorded comparatively better biochemical traits of fruit viz., Total Soluble Solids (7.96 Brix), chlorophyll-a (1.85 mg g-1), chlorophyll-b (0.59 mg g-1)and decreased physiological loss in weight (PLW) (3.45 %). On the contrary, Chitosan spray 2 g l-1 at 45, 90 and 135 DAP recorded maximum reducing sugar (4.79 %), non-reducing sugar (1.65 %), total sugar (6.44 %) and antioxidants (413.42 µg BHT g-1fruit). While the ascorbic acid (53.29 mg 100 g-1) and anthocyanin content (54.69 mg 100 g-1) found maximum in Chitosan spray 3 g l-1 at 45 DAP with minimum titratable acidity (0.86 %). From this study, it was concluded that foliar application of chitosan thrice at 3 g l-1 with 45 days interval was found better (fruit yield per plant 366.17 g) followed by foliar application of chitosan thrice at 2 g l-1.


Keywords: Berry, Chitosan, Media, Poly house and Strawberry
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Nithin, K. M., D. Madaiah, B. S. Shivakumar, M. Dinesh Kumar and Dhananjaya, B. C. 2020. Influence of Chitosan Foliar Application on Quality and Biochemical Traits of Strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa Duch.) under Naturally Ventilated Polyhouse.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 9(9): 243-250. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2020.909.030